Newbury Yacht Club is a club with an ethos of combining sailing and socialising. We’re affiliated to the Royal Yachting Association and are extremely proud to have celebrated our 50th anniversay in 2019.
We hold regular water-based events; sailing in the Solent for our weekend rallies and further afield (usually the West Country or northern France) for our annual cruise. Our fleet is often into double figures, which is a pretty good effort for a landlocked Berkshire sailing club!
We have a variety of winter talks with a water or sailing theme, which are hosted at The Newbury Royal British Legion.
We also organise a variety of sailing related training for our members, with agenda based on demand.
If you have an interest in leisure boating (either sail or power), own your own boat, are looking to crew on someone else’s boat, or just attend our winter talks, this could be the perfect club to join.
For more information about the club please visit our about page.
Our Next Events
- Professor Mike Tipton - "Cold Water Immersion: Kill or Cure?" - 11th Nov 2021
Professor Mike Tipton will describe the hazards associated with immersion in cold water as well as some of the claimed health benefits associated with open cold water swimming.
- Frostbite Rally - 12th Feb 2022 – 13th Feb 2022
- Spring Rally - 7th May 2022 – 8th May 2022
- Cheese & Wine – September 2021
- Solstice Cruise 2021
- Duncan Wells – “Stress Free Sailing” – Apr 2021
- AGM – Mar 2021
- Tom Cunliffe – “Ice with Everything” – Feb 2021
- Geoff Saunders – “Reports from Coastal Stations” – Jan 2021
- Uncle Albert award presentation – Dec 2020