Newbury Yacht Club is a club with an ethos of combining sailing and socialising. We’re affiliated to the Royal Yachting Association and are extremely proud to have celebrated our 50th anniversay in 2019.
We hold regular water-based events; sailing in the Solent for our weekend rallies and further afield (usually the West Country or northern France) for our annual cruise. Our fleet is often into double figures, which is a pretty good effort for a landlocked Berkshire sailing club!
We have a variety of winter talks with a water or sailing theme, which are hosted at The Newbury Royal British Legion.
We also organise a variety of sailing related training for our members, with agenda based on demand.
If you have an interest in leisure boating (either sail or power), own your own boat, are looking to crew on someone else’s boat, or just attend our winter talks, this could be the perfect club to join.
For more information about the club please visit our about page.
Our Next Events
- Meriel Larke - The Ship, the Lady and the Lake - 12th Oct 2022
- Malcolm Perrins - The Jeanneau Story - 9th Nov 2022
- Tracy Edwards – “Maiden” – Jan 2022
- Tom Cunliffe – “The Life and Times of the Shell Channel Pilot” – Feb 2022
- Tom Dymond – “Hooked on the Horizon” – Nov 2021
- Newbury Yacht Club Battle Flags
- 2022 Rally dates announced
- Barry Pickthall – “The Golden Globe Race” – Oct 2021
- Autumn Rally 2021 – East Cowes