Upcoming Events Afloat
- Frostbite(not so!!) Rally - 12th Mar 2022 – 13th Mar 2022
Rescheduled due to extensive dredging works in the Hamble.
Central Solent/Southampton water area - planned for a Hamble Marina
- Spring Rally - 7th May 2022 – 8th May 2022
- Spring Cruise - Provisionally - 21st May 2022 – 30th May 2022
COVID permitting possibly Channel Islands.
- Summer Rally - 23rd Jul 2022 – 24th Jul 2022
- Autumn Rally - 17th Sep 2022 – 18th Sep 2022
Upcoming Events Shoreside
- Tom Cunliffe - "The Life and Times of the Shell Channel Pilot" - 10th Feb 2022
Once again Tom Cunliffe is returning to the club, this time in person Covid permitting.
- AGM - 2022 - 10th Mar 2022
The Newbury Yacht Club AGM and maybe something extra....
- Professor Mike Tipton - "Cold Water Immersion: Kill or Cure?" - 13th Apr 2022
Mike Tipton was originally scheduled to come and give this talk for the November '21 meeting, but needed to cancel, however we are delighted to have him for April.
Please not this Meeting is on a Wednesday and not the usual 2nd Thursday.
Professor Mike Tipton will describe the hazards associated with immersion in cold water as well as some of the claimed health benefits associated with open cold water swimming.
- Fitting out Supper - 13th May 2022
After 2 year absence because of Covid hopefully we will get chance to have the return of the fitting out supper.